THIN Complex 1960s Vintage Zildjian 14” Hihats 898 926 g Hand Hammered
Original price $349.99 - Original price $349.99
$349.99 - $349.99
Current price $349.99
- Here’s a sound that’s ever-present in our minds:
- THIN Vintage EARLY 1960s Zildjians Hihats.
- And this pair is actually Hand Hammered - beautiful wavy surface! These 14s” look like they’re very close to the 1950s actually. That’s the vibe.
- For whatever reason cymbal companies have not been able to capture the tone of these half-century-old original Zildjians….although they keep trying to, but Zildjian ain’t hand-hammering these days - far from it.
- But they keep charging $500 for their attempts.
- Fortunately, no one needs to try to “re-create” a damn thing! This pair of 1960s Thin 14s” just IS! Just create!
- 898 and 926 grams. THIN but nothing ultra paper-thin. This pair has a bit more cut and bite than their paper-thin brethren.
- Light, and whispy with a lovely complexity! Tight, focused, and MOTOWN crisp when closed, perfect RINGO SLOSH when opened. Sturdy Jazz-style CHUP when played with your foot.
- These are the hats that launched 1000 recordings.
- No issues at all. Overall very clean. Light golden hue.
- EARLY 1960s Hand Hammered Zildjian Hihats!
- THE SOUND!