THIN TOP Vintage 1960s Zildjian EARLY NEW BEAT Hihats 14” 844 1298 g
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- Damn!!! New, NEW Beats are OVER FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS NOW! For the redesigned ones trying to imitate what these Vintage ones do effortlessly!
- And this particular pair is from the FIRST FEW YEARS OF PRODUCTION and has a THIN Top cymbal - only 844 grams. This pair is more complex than most. It has a nice whispiness to it.
- You can still see the “NEW BEAT BOTTOM” stamp on the bottom cymbal because back in the day, the heavier bottom cymbal is what constituted that “NEW BEAT!”
- Thank you Louis Bellson!
- CLASSIC pair of crisp, clean-sounding articulate, slightly complex VINTAGE 1960s EARLY Zildjian New Beat 14” Hihats in fantastic shape!
- The most recorded Hihats in history.
- THIN 844 Top Cymbal, and a heavier 1298 gram Bottom Cymbal. These 14s” espouse the tone-honored New Beat philosophy of a thin top cymbal coupled with a heavier bottom cymbal to supply plenty of CHICK tone!
- And that they do!! Crisp, tight, clean, and articulate sticking that is focused when closed, compliments of that 5 -decade old patina. Wispy light and airy accents when opened.
- Great RINGO style slosh when opened fully.
- These beauties are drier but also more complex sounding than the $410 new ones - these beauties have aged and focused up beautifully but also have a thinner top cymbal.
- Incredible for recording! Plenty of cutting ability for live situations.
- There’s a reason everyone wants Vintage New Beats! They just do!
- No issues. The awesome patina focuses them beautifully.
- Real Deal EARLY New Beats from the 1960s with a thinner top.
- Don’t spend more for less….