THIN MELLOW Discontinued Zildjian CHINA BOY LOW SWISH 1654 g CLEAN
Original price $259.99 - Original price $259.99
$259.99 - $259.99
Current price $259.99
- Looking for an exotic and super mellow, THIN China that’s actually dark sounding?
- Well you’re outta luck because Zildjian makes NOTHING like that today.
- But far be it from me to curse your darkness, allow me to light a candle instead!!
- Listen to this 26 year old, discontinued Zildjian China Boy LOW 20” that’s in terrific condition!
- And this is one of the thinner ones I’ve seen. It has a particular softness to it.
- This one is very thin for the series.
- No Modern Zildjian sounds like this - this 20” is much, much lower-pitched, and infinitely more mellow than any newer Zildjian China.
- The very low, almost FLAT profile gives this China Low a darker, lower-pitched tone and makes it a joy to ride on. Almost flat playing surface.
- Very exotic-sounding - if this were still around it would probably be in Zildjian’s effects or Oriental Series.
- Only 1654 grams gives it a THIN constitution, sounds amazing as an alternate mellow ride.
- Has a complex sizzle tone even though there are no rivets at all.
- The flat surface makes for easy riding - a la Mel Lewis.
- Keeps a foot in exotic, vintage land! But can still penetrate a modern mix.
- Amazing condition. Aged 26 years. Golden light patina. No issues.
- A particularly great sounding mellow 20” China that doesn’t exist today.