Rare Vintage Zildjian FACTORY LIGHT RIDE 20” Only 2031 g
Original price $269.99 - Original price $269.99
$269.99 - $269.99
Current price $269.99
- This is a beautiful and hard to find Zildjian. The Factory stamped “LIGHT RIDE.” And it’s 40 years old. Buddy Rich, Harvey Mason and John Guerin all used the Light Ride.
- This 20” has enough weight to throw off great, articulate definition but it remains GLOWING WARM and truly has a LIGHT, AIRINESS to it.
- And that combination is not always the easiest to find - this was Zildjians THINNEST 20” for decades. And this 20” Light has aged and mellowed the last 4 decades.
- Weighing in at a Goldilocks 2031 grams this "Light Ride" is aptly named.
- When you ride on this 20" you get a very SMOOoooo000oooOOth, mellow stick attack that is followed but a warm subtle wash. there is NOTHING harsh on this Light Ride...nice and mellow.
- The bell is surprisingly solid for a thinner cymbal and has no problem cutting.
- When you Crash on this 20", it opens up beautifully and offers a rich, warm, FULL wash.
- A perfect sounding large Crash Ride. Great for that RINGO WASH. But STILL mellow at lower volume settings.
- Sweet and focused and lower volumes, roaring and capable in loud settings.
- This was a staple Zildjian all throughout the 70s and 80s - especially for recording.
- Terrific shape. No issues at all. Very strong logos Light golden patina.