Exotic Vintage 1960s Zildjian Factory Pang 20” 2122 g Complex Clean
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- Nothing sounds like the PANG! It’s very different than China, slightly in construction but definitely in TONE!
- And that’s why it’s sucks that Zildjian discontinued these because they were unique sounding.
- Fortunately, I have right here this Fantastic condition Vintage 1960s Zildjian 20” PANG. So you need not suffer.
- YES. A TRUE PANG!! MELLOW! And with that inimitable Pang spread.
- Stunning hand hammered looking appearance on the plain and towards the edges. Gorgeous rippled surface.
- Often described as “exotic” sounding - the Pang has a flatter edge than a China, rounded bell, and has a more pronounced umbrella-shaped profile. This no doubt contributes to its Complexity.
- BUT, it has a mellowness to it as well! Very smooth and mellow sounding. Halfway between a crash and a China and an alien!
- That’s this PANG.
- Absolutely glorious to ride on - super mellow and glowing tone that no other cymbal makes.
2122 grams gives it a medium vibe. It opens up with the lightest swipe but really roars with a Billy Cobham vibe! This thing has no problem penetrating a mix. Not just a jazz cymbal.
- Sounds amazing from mallets to rock.
- Great golden 50 year-old light patina. No issues, overall clean in great shape. Light typical use. Pang-like flattened edge with wavy hammering.
- An exceptionally exotic sounding one!