DISCONTINUED SMOOTH Glassy Zildjian 21” ARMAND Ride 2294 g
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
Looking for a very smooth and warm ride that has a pinpoint stick attack with a pinch of shimmer to it?
This Discontinued 15-year-old 21” ARMAND Ride perfectly blends stick definition with the warmth of a fully lathed cymbal. And being the largest cataloged 21” size, it’s the darkest one they offered. It has a foot in K Land, but has the SMOOTHNESS and classy-ness of the vintage-inspired Armand Series.
- And it’s a fairly THIN 2294 grams. One of the thinner ones I’ve seen.
- It plays right between a Thin and Medium Thin and the beautiful patina is why the stick attack is so smooth and prominent.
Nothing harsh at all, one of the smoothest modern Zildjians you will find. And that was the whole concept behind the Armand Series - to capture the glowing warmth and mellowed tone of some of the Vintage Zildjians of yore.
- Mellowed and aged over the last 15 years. Defined. Focused. Subtle, glowing warm stick presence. Very controlled wash for a fully lathed cymbal. The metal has chilled out and settled.
- A larger-sized Solid 5.5 bell provides plenty of cuts when you need it.
- Warm enough to crash on like a BIG Medium Thin But not nearly as harsh as a heavy brutish A.
- One of the nicest sounding modern smooth and focused Zildjians you’ll hear.
- No issues. Overall very clean. Strong logos. Light patina. A beautiful cymbal that hasn’t been made in over a decade.