IMMACULATE SABIAN HHX COMPLEX MEDIUM RIDE 20” 2297 g DON’T PAY $470
Original price $379.99 - Original price $379.99
$379.99 - $379.99
Current price $379.99
- This is the thinnest one of these I’ve seen. And it’s immaculate.
- As many of you may know, the HHX Complex Medium Series is Sabian's NEWEST FLAGSHIP OFFERINGS.
- And that’s why they're so damn expensive to get one! And who knows what you will wind up with - staring at a stock photo.
- Well not here chez Hazelshould!! But with confidence!
- Fortunately, you need not spend all that money on a guess!
This beauty is in perfect shape! Only been played for the video. And it’s wonderfully dark and complex with a strong stick attack. This one has a great straight-up stick attack and very solid bell - beautifully Hand Hammered.
- Sabian describes this HHX COMPLEX Medium Ride as:
"Using trickle-down technology gleaned from years of developing some of the world’s top-selling cymbals lines like Evolution, Legacy, and even Artisan, SABIAN introduces HHX Complex, a new line of exquisitely dark Ride cymbals. The Complex Medium Ride employs a combination of HH and HHX hammering, a raw hammered bell, and a number of the aforementioned proprietary techniques – resulting in one of the richest, sweetest Ride cymbals SABIAN has ever produced. The Complex Medium Ride is big, thin and dark – with a medium-size hand-hammered raw bell – a combination that brings out the lows and complexities of this cymbal’s tone. The versatility to easily cross musical styles has always been a hallmark of the HHX line, and the HHX Complex Medium Ride is no exception."
- That is SEXY as HELL!
- Weighing in at a lovely and THIN 2297 grams this 20” plays like a great Thin to Medium Thin SEMI-DRY Dark Complex Ride.
- The RAW bell is HUGE and solid. It cuts extremely well. As you migrate down to the plain of the cymbal, the tone opens up and overtones emerge and blend in. For a cymbal with a medium weight, this HHX is subtly complex-sounding--HOWEVER, the stick attack definitely remains ON TOP.
- Great definition. And when you crash/accent this 20” it unleashes a torrent of tones - very FULL!
- Medium LOW and fairly Dark. Strong defined attack with a warm, fairly broad spread - complex with subtle overtones swimming about, it’s overall fairly controlled.
- Raw bell yields cutting ability and also provides a bit more projection overall. STUNNING Hand Hammering. The gorgeous traditional finish promotes the classic HHX warmth.
- One of their nicest cymbals in the catalog - it covers a lot of territories.
- Responsive at lower volumes, and definitely strong enough to project in loud LIVE settings.
- Immaculate and only played for the video. That’s it. No more guessing.