BIG LIGHT AIRY 1970s Vintage Zildjian 22” Ride 2984 g CLEAN
Original price $279.99 - Original price $279.99
$279.99 - $279.99
Current price $279.99
- This is a fascinating Vintage 1970s 22” - it’s nowhere near your typical Zildjian 60s Ping Ride or Medium Ride. This 22” plays more like a LIGHT RIDE or Light Complex Ride. It has a very broad spread and airy-ness for a 2984 gram 70s Zildjian.
- This 22” actually sounds like it has rivets in it - even though it doesn’t. That’s what I mean - light and airy tone.
- This 40 year old beautiful 22” has a broad, umbrella-shaped profile that gives it a much more spread than your average Medium Ride.
- It looks like it may have been made at the Zildjian Canada factory - it doesn’t have that sticker but it has that craftsmanship.
With a 2984 gram weight it lives in the Medium Thin Ride to Medium Ride range for a 22”, but it has a light, mellow bright attack that is followed by a soft and subtle, fairly complex wash.
- What’s amazing is that you can play this big 22” very, very lightly and softly and it still sings. The dynamic range on this one is amazing.
- Bright but light.
- When you open up on it and crash, it unleashes a torrent of 1970s Medium Crash tone - perfect as a big 70s Crash, or great for Crash accents when you‘re playing at lower volumes and just need a punch.
- Fantastic 6” bell is incredible for rock, but pull out to the plain and you have one hell of a great Light Jazz or Blues Ride.
- Again, this is an incredibly versatile 22” - you don’t find a cymbal that can go from 1 - 10 and remain musical often.
- Great shape.
- Wonderfully versatile 22” that’s aged 40 years.