Discontinued LIGHT AIRY DRY Bosphorus ORACLE 22” SIZZLE Ride 2460 g
Original price $359.99 - Original price $359.99
$359.99 - $359.99
Current price $359.99
- Here’s a RARE Bosphorus that was the fraternal twin or even pre-cursor to their famous New Orleans Ride.
- But check out the BELL!!
- NOT like the New Orleans. It’s big and rounded over and contributes to the airy-ness and light complexity of this gorgeous 22”.
- As you can see, this rarely seen hand-hammered beauty is partially lathed with alternating gold and brown ribbons - a bit like the Istanbul Agop Special Edition Ride, that's the vibe. Or the New Orleans.
- What I love about this particular 22" is that its defining characteristics are LIGHT, AIRY, and yet also CONTROLLED and FAIRLY DRY.
- You don't normally see a 22” Sizzle cymbal have a decent stick attack and still remain controlled and not wash out. But that is the brilliance of this particular Bosphorus Oracle.
- Larger rounded over bell and the hand-hammering and partial lathing deliver a mixture of organic and a bit complex. But again, with a surprisingly drier vibe too.
- One brass rivet dances effortlessly at the edge and keeps this Sizzle very light and subtle. It’s much less sizzle-y than a cymbal with 2 or 3 rivets etc. It’s very chill.
- 2460 grams contributes to the great definition, but it PLAYS like a Light or Thin 22” Ride.
- And it’s easily crashable.
- Fairly dark. Airy. Light. Subtle complexity with a controlled dryness. But far from dead. One rivet gives it a shadow of afterglow. Nice big old school, old Vintage K style bell. Beautiful organic crash.
- AMAZING CONDITION. No issues. This is an incredibly CLASSY sounding 22” that you don’t find often. Very musical.