Discontinued Vintage ZILDJIAN 20” Factory SWISH China Pang 2154 g
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- Here’s a dark and exotic sounding hard to find Vintage Zildjian, and this one is outfitted with ALL 6 rivets.
- Vintage Zildjian 1970s China Swish with a bit of PANG thrown in for good measure.
- Super Billy Cobham vibe on this one. 1970s!
- What’s instantly recognizable about this 20” is how different from a China it is - this beauty is lower pitched and much darker - almost PANG - like but with a fantastic attack.
- The Vintage Swish has been described in catalogs as “Exotic with a low end and spread.” And that indeed is accurate.
2154 grams gives it a Medium Thin to Medium weight and makes it responsive and lower volumes and ripe for riding. The edge is upturned but it also has some flattened Pang qualities to it too.
- Stunning craftsmanship - very wavy surface styled hammering and there’s a lot of it!
- Primed for 6 rivets and outfitted with all 6 in the Vintage configuration.
- Easily goes from a whisper to a roar. This Swish China has no problem cutting a mix.
- Dark. Very complex. Exotic. Responsive. Great alternate ride with a broad spread. Cutting attack when struck with power.
- Zildjian offers nothing that sounds like this beauty today - the modern Swish Knocker is no where close!
- This is the true sound of the 70s.
- No issues. Great shape. 4 decades old. Beautiful golden patina.