Vintage 1960s Zildjian EARLY NEW BEAT Hihats 14” 918 1108 g STAMPED
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- Damn!!! New, NEW Beats are OVER FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS NOW! For the redesigned ones trying to imitate what these Vintage ones do effortlessly!
- And this particular pair is from the FIRST FEW YEARS OF PRODUCTION.
- CLASSIC pair of crisp, clean-sounding articulate, slightly complex, VINTAGE 1960s EARLY Zildjian New Beat 14” Hihats in fantastic shape!
- The Bottom Cymbal is even stamped “BOTTOM HIHAT NEW BEAT” which WAS the original New Beat. The Bottom cymbal was heavier for that great CHICK that Louis Bellson wanted.
- The most recorded Hihats in history.
- Thinner 918 Top Cymbal, and a fairly thin 1108 gram Bottom Cymbal. These 14s” espouse the tone-honored New Beat philosophy of a thin top cymbal coupled with a heavier bottom cymbal to supply plenty of CHICK tone!
- And that they do!! Crisp, tight, clean, and articulate sticking that is focused - compliments of that 5 -decade old patina. But this particular pair does indeed have a light complexity to them.
- Overall these beauties are thinner much more musical than the $410 new ones - these beauties have aged and mellowed beautifully.
- Incredible for recording! Plenty of cutting ability for live situations.
- There’s a reason everyone wants Vintage New Beats! They just do THE THING!!
- No issues. The awesome patina that focuses them.
- Real Deal EARLY New Beats from the 1960s with a thinner top and fairly thin bottom for a bit of lightness
- Don’t spend more for less….