Vintage Zildjian 1960s EARLY NEW BEAT Hihats 15” 1014 1466 g
Original price $449.99 - Original price $449.99
$449.99 - $449.99
Current price $449.99
- Try as they may, the big companies have not been able to replicate the sound of these Vintage 15” Hi-hats. Don’t get me wrong, they have wonderful attempts and have made some nice cymbals along the journey, but they don’t do what these Early New Beats do naturally.
- And for that “replica” sound they charge $460!
- But THIS is actually THE TONE. Right here.
- The most recorded cymbals in history, and with good reason. They just do!
- Vintage Zildjian Early New Beats Hihats in terrific shape!
- And these are the harder to find massive FIFTEENS!
- These particular huge beauties harken from the EARLIER YEARS of New Beats - New Beats had only been around about 5 or 10 years and drummers were using them everywhere.
- 1014 and 1466 grams espouse the time-honored Thin Top Heavy Bottom New Beat philosophy.
- And with this pair that top is pretty THIN! And that top cymbal had a super dark patina that dries these beauties out perfectly!
- Famous Responsive. Cutting. Fantastic CHICK tone. Again this particular pair is darker, more whispy and complex, and much more responsive than most from this era - and definitely more so than the modern ones.
- And being the rare, larger 15s these beauties are darker and lower-pitched than the everyday 14s. Perfect for laying down massive grooves.
- No need to spend more money on big box store “re-designed” Hihats, these 50 year-old 15s” do it all.
- No issues. Dark deep patina that focuses them up beautifully and makes them studio friendly! Golden bottom cymbal provides a warm chick. A JOY to play.
- Vintage Zildjian 15s” is always in style, and this pair is one of the darker pairs you’ll find.