ULTRA THIN Masterwork Prototype SULTAN Crash 18” 1080 g
Original price $249.99 - Original price $249.99
$249.99 - $249.99
Current price $249.99
- He’s a gorgeous half-lathed beauty! Hand Hammered Masterwork Sultan style Prototype Paperthin Crash with razor sharp edges.
- As many a cymbalholic know, Masterwork makes some of the nicest, lush, Hand Hammered cymbals around and this is a prime example of their dedication to the art.
- Have a listen for yourself!
- As you can see, this Sultan (just like the Agop/Mehmet/Bosphorus versions) is Half-Lathed and Half-Unlathed and Heavily Hammered throughout.
- The underside in fully Lathed. The bell is beautifully Hand Hammered. However you'll be hard-pressed to find any of those other brands make a 1080 gram 18”. That would be thin for a 16”. 18s” are usually in the 1300 to 1400 gram range. This is hundreds of grams lighter.
- Weighing in at a TRULY PAPER THIN 1080 grams, this Masterwork 18” plays like a Dark PAPERTHIN Fast Crash. GLORY BE!!!
- When you crash this cymbal it opens very quickly and delivers a full and complex crash that has a glassiness to it.
- Extremely responsive with a broad spread that remains smooth. So responsive you can use it with hand percussion. It’s swells beautifully with a light focus and quick decay.
- Super bendable.
- Amazing for recording and very low to medium volumes.
- Immaculate. Sounds amazing.