RARE PRE SPLIT ISTANBUL AGOP MEHMET SULTAN Hihats 14” 1100 1270 g
Original price $439.99 - Original price $439.99
$439.99 - $439.99
Current price $439.99
- Here’s the future of collecting. A Very Rare pair of PRE SPLIT Istanbul Agop Mehmet SULTAN 14” Hihats in fantastic shape!
- Yes. SULTAN Pre-Split hihats! I’m not even sure I’ve seen another pair of these. These were some of the first concentric ring raw/lathed cymbals on the market. Other companies copied these!
- FAMOUS early ISTANBUL WHITE LOGO and Hand Hammered - Before ANYONE had seen this kind of craftsmanship and beauty! This is the mid 80s and early 90s and this is THE company that ushered in the old world craftsmanship - the kind of artistry that fomented a movement of boutique cymbalsmiths.
- Istanbul’s old-world Zildjian Istanbul K-styled handiwork attracted the ears and signatures of jazz greats Mel Lewis and Elvin Jones. And these beauties are from that hallowed era.
- What has now become a standard in Hybrids and Duos, these 14s” are the original raw, lathed, raw, lathed pattern. No one had seen this.
- What's great about these specific Agop Mehmet Sultans is that they posses a very crisp and tight focused attack when closed, but in there is a hint of Hand Hammered complexity. You hear that Old World airiness that turned heads decades ago. Open them up and you get a wonderful Hand Hammered sibilance. Fantastic chick when played with your foot.
- 1100 and 1270 grams. Crisp and cutting but definitely mellowed after 30 years.
- Fairly DRY and focused stick attack, compliments of the raw, unlathed rings. Subtle Turkish wash that breathes life into a pattern but still remains controlled.
- Responsive with a broad dynamic range.
- Perfect for soft to loud and for anytime you want to play something with soul.
- Fantastic shape. An amazing set of very rare hihats that launched 1000 copies.