ULTRA PAPERTHIN 1970s Vintage Zildjian 18” Crash ONLY 1124 g Clean
Original price $379.99 - Original price $379.99
$379.99 - $379.99
Current price $379.99
- That’s not a typo!
- 1124 grams! On an 18”.
- This is one of the THINNEST Vintage 18s” you will find.
- 40-year-old dark sounding PAPER THIN 18”. And that’s not that easy to find these days - most thinner Zildjians succumbed at the end of a 2B stick outside the Rainbow Room in 1987.
- This one is remarkably THIN 1124 grams. And PLAYS like a true Paper Thin. Easily bendable edges with that paper-thin complexity.
- No need to settle for a big box store stock photo guess Zildjian when you can get an actual, hard-to-find TRULY THIN 18” CRASH that’s 40 years old!
- Here’s that classic 1970s A tone - but in a Paper Thin.
- Weighs ONLY 1124 grams and sounds exactly like it was plucked out of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road or a Gorden Lightfoot album.
- Glorious semi-dark and complex 1970s Crash that remains responsive.
- Very responsive.
- The tone we’ve heard for generations of rock, pop, and soul.
- Of course, if you have a light touch, you can easily use this 18” as a small Light Ride or a swelling Crash Ride. When you crash ride on it, it unleashes a gorgeous torrent of white noise that has a broad spread.
- Magnificent condition for a nearly half-century-old Zildjian. Nice patina. Light use.
- Great shape.
- Vintage As are always in style, and this 1970s 18” Paper Thin Crash is exceptionally hard to find these days.
No need to paw through an ocean of modern Zildjians to find one that kinda-sorta sounds vintage-ish.
The REAL DEAL right here! And it can take years to find one this thin - I know because I just did it.