Dark Dry Istanbul Mehmet Kirkor K 15” Hi Hats 1164 1374 g In Bag MINT
Original price $379.99 - Original price $379.99
$379.99 - $379.99
Current price $379.99
- This is one of Istanbul Mehmet's most beautiful series. Take a look at the craftsmanship on these. They’re raw and black with alternating thin gold lathing stripes and heavily hand-hammered throughout.
- My understanding is Kirkor K was Mehmet's mentor, and I have to say, this is a great way to thank someone who taught you everything you know.
- As you would imagine, these sparsely lathed 15s” offer a stunning stick attack and is wonderfully dry and crisp. But they have a pliable softness to them that makes them FEEL 70 years old.
- Very controlled overtones allow for fantastic stick articulation.
- 1164 and 1374 grams make for a great pair of 15s that play like Medium Thin to Medium Hihats. But they don’t clank some Hi Hats with these weights do. They have a soft pliability to them!
- Being 15s” they have a fantastic playing field and are lower-pitched and much fatter than smaller-sized Hi Hats.
- Low profile gives them a wonderfully dark and lower-pitched tone.
- Dry, dark, medium-low in pitch; the solid, raw, unlathed bell that gives them a great cutting ability.
- Organic with a hint of hand-hammered complexity when opened - but just for a moment. Overall they are quite dry sounding.
- Extremely hard to find, handmade, wonderfully dark and dry 15s” in Immaculate Condition!
- And you can hear them so you can buy with confidence!