ULTRA CRISP Tight Zildjian Earlier QUICK BEAT 14” Hihats 1192 1328 g
Original price $229.99 - Original price $229.99
$229.99 - $229.99
Current price $229.99
- Here’s a pair of ULTRA CRISP-sounding 1980s Quick Beats that have a magnificent DRY attack and super clean cutting tone.
- Oh…..and they don’t cost $410 as the redesigned ones do.
- The new ones are not nearly as crisp and articulate as this pair. Today’s Quick Beats are thinner and lack the punch the 80s ones had.
- Quick Beats are my favorite Hihats. They always have been. They’re all over 70s and 80s recordings - JR Robinson and Clem Burke are big fans of the Quick Beats.
- Often described as:
"Features air-vented, flat-bottom cymbal for accelerated response and clarity. Exuberant Hihats that burst with a classic voice that is pure, bright snd expressive. Quick Beats have an especially fast response with four holes in the bottom that allow quick air release.”
- These hats sound killer. As you can see, the bottom cymbal is FLAT and outfitted with four factory holes that facilitate QUICK foot action with your pedal. Does it really work? Hell yeah. The difference is immediately noticeable.
- With their SUPER CRISP Tone...and I mean SUPER CRISP...and CLEAN, and bright, TIGHT attack, these Earlier QUICK BEATS project supremely. And the flat, four holed bottom cymbal is a joy to work with your pedal.
- The weights are 1192 grams for the Top Cymbal and 1328 grams for the Flat Bottom Cymbal.
- What I really dig about these 40-year-old Zildjians is that with the exception of super-low volume jazz, you can use these quick Earlier Quick Beats on absolutely ANYTHING. Rock, pop, blues, funk, definitely fusion, country, reggae, punk, world, session work, and anytime you need a great bright, FULL tone that is guaranteed to project. Especially LIVE. They're workhorse hats.
- Definitely time-tested in the studio.
- And this particular pair is even DRIER than the new ones. Great light patina. No issues.
- Don’t spend over $400 for a set that won’t be as crisp as these. That’s ridiculous!