Rare Vintage 70s ZILDJIAN 15” QUICK BEAT Hihats 1262 1594 g STUDIO GEMS
Original price $399.99 - Original price $399.99
$399.99 - $399.99
Current price $399.99
- What do JR ROBINSON, Clem Burke, Aynsley Dunbar, and Peter Criss all have in common?
- Zildjian 15” QUICK BEATS of course!!!
- And these are the exceptionally rare Vintage Hollow Logo 1970s 15”! The early ones!
- As you may know, 15” Quick Beats were studio darlings of the 1970s and 1980s. They were on myriad recordings back in the day. And understandably so! They packed a super tight, crisp sound with controlled overtones that were mic-friendly.
- Then many years ago Zildjian ignominiously discontinued them. Which sucks.
- Fortunately, I happen to have……
- Vintage 70s Zildjian 15” Quick Hihats in fantastic condition! Aged with a beautifully patina that chills them out and focuses them even more.
- They pack all the bright, tight, cutting ULTRA CRISP tone of the famous Quick Beats but being the larger 15s” they are a bit lower pitched, warmer, darker, and FATTER with a generous playing field.
- Often described as:
"Features air-vented, flat-bottom cymbal for accelerated response and clarity. Exuberant Hihats that burst with a classic voice that is pure, bright snd expressive. Quick Beats have an especially fast response with four holes in the bottom that allow quick air release.”
- These hats sound killer. As you can see, the bottom cymbal is FLAT and outfitted with four factory holes that facilitate QUICK foot action with your pedal. Does it really work? Hell yeah. The difference is immediately noticeable.
- With their darker leaning, SUPER CRISP Tone...and I mean SUPER CRISP...and CLEAN, TIGHT attack, these Early 15” QUICK BEATS project supremely. And the flat, four holed bottom cymbal is a joy to work with your pedal.
- No issues. Fantastic condition with a healthy patina that has befriended them. The terrific 4-decade old patina that dries these 15s out beautifully!
- Hard to find and definitely no longer made!
- Why the hell spends more money on the big box store smaller ones….