Semi-Dry Airy 1960s Vintage Zildjian 18” Light Crash Ride Sizzle 1457 g
Original price $279.99 - Original price $279.99
$279.99 - $279.99
Current price $279.99
Semi-dry, light and airy sounding Vintage Zildjian 18” Sizzle Crash Ride in the original Zildjian Sizzle configuration. Outfitted with 4 vintage Zildjian rivets.
- Super LIGHT and AIRY sounding with a solid definition and a hint of smokiness. Like the Armand Ride but 50 years old. I believe this beauty is a factory sizzle from the 1960s although it could be early 1970s.
- 1457 grams makes it play like a Thin to Medium Thin Light SIZZLE. Not heavy or clangy.
- Subtle and delicate stick articulation with a lightness to it - the great patina beefs up the definition.
- Overall very responsive.
- Easily Crashable. Could be a straight up 18” crash - it has that bell shape and profile.
- Where this 18” really shines is the airy, LIGHTNESS it brings to a setup. This 18” Sizzle delivers a warm, slightly complex but mellowed and aged SIZZLE tone.
- It was made 60 years ago. And it SOUNDS like a cymbal made over 60 years ago.
- Modern Zildjians are great - but they don’t do THIS.
- No issues. Amazing shape with a great chocolate brown patina.
- Don’t spend more on the new faux vintage ones.
- It’s cheaper and more fun to play the original and it sounds better.