SUPER Rare HAMMERAX ULTRA VIOLET Bright Crash 18” 1497 g 1/2 Brilliant
Original price $369.99 - Original price $369.99
$369.99 - $369.99
Current price $369.99
- Here’s one of the rarest cymbals I’ve ever owned - I’ve not seen another. As many a Cymbalholic knows, HAMMERAX was a custom cymbal maker long before the custom cymbal thing blossomed.
- Unfortunately they have gone the way of the dodo, but not before claiming their thrown in the pantheon of cymbalsmiths.
- They made several different series but all of them custom and unique - and that’s what they were famous for then and that’s exactly what they’re famous for NOW!
- They’re very hard to find because collectors have locked them up because there’s nothing like them out there.
- Hammerax ULTRA VIOLET 18 Bright Crash. As you can see the top of this 18” is a Brilliant Finish while the underside has a factory blackened treatment. There’s nothing like this cymbal - the top has a very smooth, rippled contour that is unlike anything else you will see.
- The end result is a semi-dark sounding crash that has a glorious shimmer over the top - however it also has this controlled, pre-eq-ed tone to it. It’s clean and controlled but simultaneously FULL sounding.
- This is an absolutely terrific crash cymbal for a studio - it’s full and yet still very clean sounding, producer-loving tone.
- Of course it’s fantastic for live too - it has no problem cutting at 1497 grams however it has a softness to it. It’s not clanky or harsh. The edges have a softness to it.
- Very good condition. Light wear on the underside and edge. Nothing that affects a the tone or longevity.
Sounds incredible. Have a listen. One of the most rare cymbals. Very collectible.