Huge ULTRA THIN Masterwork Prototype SULTAN Crash Ride 22” 1620 g
Original price $279.99 - Original price $279.99
$279.99 - $279.99
Current price $279.99
- He’s a gorgeous half-lathed beauty! Pound for pound one of the nicest paper thin 22s” you will hear. I guarantee that.
- Hand Hammered Masterwork Sultan style Prototype Paperthin Crash with a glorious wide, hand hammered, rounded over bell. I’ve only seen three of these.
- As many a cymbalholic know, Masterwork makes some of the nicest, lush, Hand Hammered cymbals around and this is a prime example of their dedication to the art.
- Have a listen for yourself!
- As you can see, this Sultan (just like the Agop/Mehmet/Bosphorus versions) is Half-Lathed and Half-Unlathed and Heavily Hammered throughout. But none of them have a bell like this.
- The underside in fully Lathed. The bell is rounded generously and beautifully Hand Hammered. However you'll be hard-pressed to find any of those other brands make a 1620 gram 22” That would be thin for a 20”. 22s” are usually in the 2300 to 3200 gram range. This is hundreds of grams lighter.
- Weighing in at a TRULY PAPER THIN 1620 grams, this Masterwork 22” plays like a huge Dark PAPERTHIN Fast Crash. GLORY BE!!!
- That’s a very rare combination for a 22”. A huge fast crash.
- When you crash this cymbal it opens very quickly and delivers a full and complex crash that has a glassiness to it, but remains a bit organic and smoky too. That’s the magic of this truly hand hammered 22”.
- Extremely responsive with a broad spread that remains smooth. So responsive you can use it with hand percussion. It’s swells beautifully with a light focus and quick decay.
- Super bendable.
- Makes a gorgeous Ultra Light Ride.
- Amazing for recording and very low to medium volumes.
- Immaculate. Sounds amazing.