PAPERTHIN Sabian CRESCENT PANG THANG 20” China 1629 g Stanton Moore IMMACULATE
Original price $339.99 - Original price $339.99
$339.99 - $339.99
Current price $339.99
- This is a fascinating cymbal: what began as a Bosphorus, then became Crescent, then became Sabian Crescent, and now, of course, Stanton Moore plays Zildjian - which leaves this PANG THANG in a bizarre purgatory.
- The funny thing is that this is one of Sabian's nicest cymbals and should not be lost just because the marketing was.
- And this one is THIN to PAPERTHIN and very COMPLEX.
- It’s immaculate and has Stanton Moore’s signature under the bell.
- Fully lathed Traditional finish on top with a classic subtle PANG edge flange and a smaller rounded over bell for a mellowness when riding.
- Alternating brown and gold lathing on the underside gives it a bit of dry, organic tone and control.
At ONLY 1629 grams it’s very thin and extremely responsive with a ultra-warm and complex glowing tone.
- Very old-school tone.
- This 20” plays like an Ultra Complex thin PANG from the 1950s. It has a broad spread and is so responsive it can easily be used with hand percussion - a stroke from your finger sets it off rumbling.
- Absolutely fantastic alternate riding capabilities - extremely mellow with that classic, vintage exotic tone. Can go from a whisper to a roar!
- Immaculate condition. No issues. Only been played for the video.
- And these are very hard to find outside a google stock photo.
- I’m not even sure Sabian makes them anymore.