1950s VINTAGE Zildjian 18” Light Complex Crash Ride SIZZLE 1633 g ALL 8 Rivets
Original price $349.99 - Original price $349.99
$349.99 - $349.99
Current price $349.99
- This is a stunning HAND HAMMERED Vintage Zildjian. It’s very light and airy with a lively complexity that floats around like its 1958…because that’s when this cymbal was forged.
- Think about that a minute. This Zildjian was made when Miles Davis was recording “Kind of Blue.”
- This 70 year old Zildjian Sizzle destroys the modern Zildjian Beautiful Baby.
- Very light and delicate sounding 1950s HAND HAMMERED Vintage Zildjian 18” Light Sizzle Crash Ride.
Primed for 8 rivets and currently outfitted with ALL 8 like its Art Blakey in 1958. Super LIGHT and AIRY sounding with a hint of smokiness. 5 vintage old time rivets with 3 brass ones for a warm tone.
- At 1633 grams it plays like a Medium Thin Complex Light SIZZLE that’s easily crashable! It has an enough tension and weight to ride well. And it’s mellowed 60+ years so the attack comes out stronger.
- Overall very responsive. Great stick attack for an 8 rivet sizzle. Really nice dry articulation for a Sizzle.
- Where this 18” really shines is the airy, LIGHTNESS it brings to a setup. This 18” Sizzle delivers a warm, very complex but mellowed and semi-dry aged SIZZLE tone.
- Great spread while still having the classy control of an 18”. Overall a pinch smoky for a Vintage 18” A.
- It was made over 60+ years ago. And it SOUNDS like a cymbal made over 60 years ago.
- Modern Zildjians are great - but they don’t do THIS.
- Great shape. Light use. No issues. Terrific 6 decade old golden patina.
- Don’t spend more on the new faux vintage ones.
- Just get the Original - the Zildjian that’s actually Hand Hammered. Imagine that!