RARE THIN DARK ISTANBUL MEHMET 20" LEGEND DRY CRASH RIDE ONLY 1779 g
Original price $369.99 - Original price $369.99
$369.99 - $369.99
Current price $369.99
- Wonderfully DARK with bendable edges that wobble. Hints of DRYness, medium quick decay with a very FULL tone! One of Istanbul’s newer series.
- Hell, no one actually HAS this beauty in the wild!! IN STOCK! But here we are! And you can even HEAR IT - no nonsense stock photo garbage that you guess at. Buy with confidence here.
- It's remarkably reminiscent of an Agop SE Jazz Ride.
- That's the vibe. Mehmet has filed away under their "Jazz" line. This is appropriate since this 20" is based on what was formerly known as the Mel Lewis Ride back when Agop and Mehmet still knew how to play nicely together.
- HOWEVER, this being the "DRY Legend" the craftsmanship is NOTICEABLY different - dig the GORGEOUS circular Hand Hammering.
- Here's Mehmet's take on this new Legend Dry:
"The new Legend Dry cymbals have the same profile and weight as Legend Cymbals, but the shallow lathing and hammered bell results more complex and drier sound."
- Why the hell pay $530 for a big-box store K Constantinople?? Honestly. I promise this cymbal is infinitely DARKER than ANY ZILDJIAN K Cons.
- And at 1779 grams is THINNER too. Very DARK with a solid foot in smoky. And it's much more musical too.
- And at this weight, this Legend Dry is easily crashable!!
It actually has an ounce of Crash Of DOOM to it. That's how dark it is!
- It has a great subtle definition and still emits a dark, hand-hammered wash that's fairly controlled compliments of that Dry Legend style craftsmanship. Plays like a gorgeous THIN DARK RIDE/Crash Ride or even Dark Crash! And it is wonderfully complex and fairly smoky sounding.
- This is an incredibly versatile 20" with a very broad dynamic range! Very quiet to loud.
- Immaculate in the bag!
- Hand made and very hard to actually find!