ULTRA Rare Vintage Zildjian FACTORY LIGHT RIDE 19” 1823 g
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- This is an extremely rare cymbal - I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this beauty is a 19”! Zildjian must have made in for 2 weeks or something.
- Hell the 20” is Hard to Find. This is the 19”. And it’s a Vintage Hollow Logo too.
- 40 year old Factory stamped “LIGHT RIDE” in the 19” size.
- Buddy Rich, Harvey Mason and John Guerin all used the Light Ride.
- This 19” has enough weight to throw off great, articulate definition but it remains GLOWING WARM and truly has a LIGHT, AIRINESS to it.
- And that combination is not always the easiest to find - this was Zildjians THINNEST 20” for decades. And this 19” Light has aged and mellowed the last 4 decades.
- It indeed is very sweet and mellow sounding. And being the rare 19” it’s remarkably controlled - more so than larger cymbals.
- Weighing in at a Goldilocks 1823 grams this "Light Ride" is aptly named.
- When you ride on this 19” you get a very SMOOoooo000oooOOth, mellow stick attack that is followed but a warm subtle wash. there is NOTHING harsh on this Light Ride...nice and mellow.
- The bell is surprisingly solid for a thinner cymbal and has no problem cutting.
- When you Crash on this 19”, it opens up beautifully and offers a rich, warm, FULL wash.
- A perfect sounding large Crash Ride. Great for that RINGO WASH. But STILL mellow at lower volume settings.
- Sweet and focused and lower volumes with a hint of control, roaring and capable in loud settings.
- This was a staple Zildjian all throughout the 70s and 80s - especially for recording.
- Terrific shape. No issues at all. Light golden patina. You can still see the factory “LIGHT RIDE.”
- Very rare 19” size. A great Vintage mellow cymbal that no one else has.