Craig Lauritsen Custom Thin Complex 20” Ride 1885 g Perfect!
Original price $549.99 - Original price $549.99
$549.99 - $549.99
Current price $549.99
- Cymbal-smithing is an art form. It’s not easy but when it’s done right, it’s a joy to behold.
- And here is a fantastic example of that art form in all its glory - all custom handcrafted by Craig Lauritsen.
- Rare but worth the search, Craig Lauritsen Cymbaltopia, fully lathed, handcrafted Thin Complex 20” Ride in absolutely amazing condition!
- Take a look at the closeups - this 20”’ is rife with Hand Hammering! Dare I say, it looks very Istanbul K ish!
- At only 1885 grams, this golden wonder is THIN and has a wonderful Light Complexity to it.
- The stick attack resides above a bed of broad spread that has an old-world hand-hammered timbre.
- The custom-formed profile mirrors a 1950s Zildjian - it is flat on the plane and has a swooping downward flange ending in a razor-thin edge.
- The bell measures 5” and is strong for a thin cymbal.
- Terrific stick to wash ratio. Light attack with a subtle complex wash. Medium-dark with a light shimmering high that floats above.
- Easily crashable. Very old-world sound - steeped in tradition.
- Delicately engraved under the bell by the man himself “CRAIG LAURITSEN 1885” gram weight.
- As you may know, Craig’s current wait time for a cymbal is at least a year. He does them in small batches and seems to be chillin’ at the moment.
- It’s a joy to play a hand-crafted instrument - and this is some of the finest cymbal smithing you will find. Craig has built a name up among cymbalholics - and his renown is earned and deserved.
- Why pay more for a big box store machine-made Zildjian?
- Perfect condition. Gorgeous. No issues. No wait.