RARE Vintage Sabian ROCKTAGON 18” Crash 1923 g JEFF “TAIN” WATTS
Original price $339.99 - Original price $339.99
$339.99 - $339.99
Current price $339.99
- Here’s a rare Sabian - a testament to their love of experimentation and innovation! Sabian broke off from Zildjian in the 1970s to make cymbals like this - to think outside the box. And this beauty is the fruits of their labor.
- And it’s a very rare Vintage Hollow Logo one - one of the FIRST Roctagons they ever offered.
- In addition to its place in cymbal history, this Sabian ROCKTAGON 18” has been immortalized by drum legend, JEFF “TAIN” WATTS - also thinking outside the box! He’s been a strong fan of the 8-sided Rocktagon.
- Vintage Sabian ROCKTAGON 18” Crash in fantastic condition.
- It indeed is 8 - sided. Hell, I don’t even know how they did it. And it’s fairly dark. This particular beauty has a very dark and full tone when crashed upon.
- It’s a crash cymbal that leans towards an effects cymbal.
- Very full but also with a hint of complexity - like a Trash Crash long before the Trash Crash.
- 1923 grams.
- Robust 5.5” bell cuts extremely well - especially for an 18”.
- Absolutely fantastic as a ride - yes indeed! Great definition - compliments of the weight.
- Full. Round wash that penetrates a mix extremely well. Dark. Full.
- Crash. Effects. Crash Ride. Ride. Jeff “Tain” Watts
- Great shape. Golden 35 year old patina.
- Very hard to find this Vintage Rocktagon today.
- One of the first ones Sabian ever made.