Amazing SEMI-DRY 1950s Vintage Zildjian LIGHT Ride 20” 1945 g
Original price $359.99 - Original price $359.99
$359.99 - $359.99
Current price $359.99
- This 70-year-old Zildjian sounds like it was the MASTER cymbal that Zildjian used to create their “Vintage Vibe” AVEDIS Series.
- This particular 50s Zildjian A is overall DRY sounding - it sports a naturally accumulated darker patina that the newer Avedis Series is trying to emulate.
- It’s Hand Hammered and has a glowing subtle warmth underneath a surprisingly strong stick attack - especially for a cymbal this THIN.
- Medium-low in pitch. Both dark and bright overtones are present but nothing dominates, it’s a Goldilocks blend.
- It is one of the drier and mellowest cymbals I have ever heard from this era.
- It crashes incredibly well. The bell is solid for a thinner 70-year-old cymbal.
- And yet has a light and subtle control to it.
- I have come across a lot of cymbals, this is one of the nicest all-around DRY MELLOW 1950s Zildjians you’ll encounter.
- Only 1945 grams makes it a perfect LIGHT DRY Ride or Thin Crash Ride.
- $430 for the AVEDIS series?
- Get the REAL ONE. Not trying to capture a bygone era.
- This just is the era!
- Aged exquisitely over 70 years. Soft and pliable feel. Hand Hammered out to the edge. Slightly bendable edges.
- Perfect for very soft to medium loud settings. Glorious under the mic.
- Worth it.