EARLY Sabian Hand Hammered HH Duo Ride Sizzle 20” 1947 g DARK
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- No longer offered in the catalog, and Sabian’s Custom shop has been closed for a while now.
- This is the rare VERY EARLY DUO RIDE - and this particular one is THIN and DARK too. An exceptional beauty!
- Sabian made this beautiful HH years before Zildjian ever offered a Hybrid Series, and that's what I love about Sabian, they are fond of experimenting.
- The inside 12s" are raw and unlathed with heavy ball-peen HH handhammering, while the outer 8s" are fully lathed and permit the cymbal to open up when crashed upon.
- Very low profile gives this Duo an ultra-dark low pitched tone while the half-raw section provides terrific stick definition.
- Hand shaped Mini Bell - NO other Sabian has this design. It offers control and better stick articulation - and that’s along with the raw bell.
- ONLY 1947 grams - plays like a beautiful dark Thin Crash or Thin Light Ride. Overall a hint of control.
- Outfitted with 3 brass rivets for a very light and subtle rain-on-the-roof sizzle.
- Can easily be a straight up Hand Hammered Dark Crash.
- Fantastic for low to loud settings.
- One of the darker and lower pitched cymbals Sabian ever made. And this one is one of the earliest too.
- Terrific shape. No issues. Aged beautifully over the last 25 years.
- And absolutely beautiful sounding dark sizzle with an even control.
- One of the nicest truly mellow, dark cymbals you will find. And no big company makes anything like this today.