THIN LUSH 1940s Vintage ZILDJIAN TRANS STAMP LIGHT 20" Ride Sizzle 1978 g
Original price $569.99 - Original price $569.99
$569.99 - $569.99
Current price $569.99
- This is an amazing 80 year old Zildjian - the kind people are always asking me to find.
- Here it is! And it was forged when Dizzy Gillespie’s “SALT PEANUTS” was a new hit single. For real.
- This is Zildjian’s gilded age. This cymbal comes from the first 15 years that Zildjian USA was in business. I mean…that’s incredible! I love the history of such a piece!
- Why spend more money on the “vintage” modern cymbal. Just get the one that the companies are trying to duplicate.
- And there’s something about the metal from this era. It’s soft and buttery and pliable. And it’s actually Hand Hammered - imagine that!
- This is the tone Zildjian built their name on. And they tone they keep trying to find again.
- Only 1978 grams! That’s very hard to find on a nearly 80 year old Zildjian these days. The ones that survived the 1980s are usually over 2200 grams.
- This particular 20” is DARK and has as exceptionally warm, light complexity. It’s insanely smooth.
- The 80 year-old dark gold patina has aged and mellows this 20” out magnificently. The surface is smooth to the touch and has that Early Zildjian USA Hand Hammered waviness.
- Light and woody stick attack that is followed by a wonderful glowing warm Trans Stamp Hand Hammered wash. Four brass rivets give it a stunning rain-on-the-roof light Sizzle wash. Very smooth and subtle.
- Crash on it all you want - it’s only 1978 grams!! And the edges are thin too!
- This is a spectacular Vintage Zildjian. An incredible Thin LIGHT Ride Sizzle or even Thin Dark Crash.
- Amazing shape! Smaller 1940s center hole. Very THIN edges. Light wear. Incredible for 80 years old.
- Don’t pay more money for a “Vintage Vibe” Zildjian.
- It’s a lot more fun to just play the original 80 year old one that is steeped in history.
- And this one is a beauty. That, I guarantee. It will continue to age gracefully!