Hard to a Find DRY 1960s Vintage Zildjian 19” Ride 1997 g
Original price $279.99 - Original price $279.99
$279.99 - $279.99
Current price $279.99
- Forget the “Beautiful Baby” Armand Ride 19" - this right here is the real deal and it's half a century old.
- And it’s fairly DRY.
- And it actually is Hand Hammered too. It has that telltale light, rippled fanned out Hand Hammering on the plane and underside.
- This particular 19” has gorgeous stick definition - and that’s a damn nice quality on a 19”. It’s much more controlled and has a quicker response than its larger brothers.
- 1997 grams gives it a great Medium to Medium-Heavy constitution while the 60 years of aging has mellowed and chilled it out beautifully.
- Strong bell but with razor-thin edges.
- Pinpoint stick definition that is focused and penetrates a mix but is not as clumsy as some Ping Rides may be. It’s much more refined and mellow than with darker leanings.
- Light, subtle 1960s. A complex wash that floats around for a moment but decays quickly.
- Controlled. Defined. Medium-low in pitch. Semi-dark with a light shimmer. Solid bell.
- This can easily be your main ride, or it makes a great foil to a larger, thin complex ride.
- This 60-year-old drier 19” is hard to come by and is a great-sounding controlled ride that still has a light Vintage liveliness.
- No issues. Very clean. Beautiful lathing.