NO LONGER MADE THINNER Zildjian K Custom STEVE GADD SESSION 18” Ride 1998 g
Original price $369.99 - Original price $369.99
$369.99 - $369.99
Current price $369.99
- Here’s a beauty that was inspired by one of the greatest drummers to ever pick up sticks.
- And of course, that means Zildjian discontinued it….
- I believe this one is from the second year of production! 2005! And it’s the thinnest one of these I’ve come across.
- 1998 grams.
- The Hard To Find Steve Gadd model K Custom Session 18” Ride.
- And this one is DRY too and lower pitched. Very well defined. It has a nice patina building up that really chills and dries it out.
- Yes, its the more controlled 18” - modeled directly after his personal cymbals according to Zildjian. And this one has aged and mellowed 17 years.
- Being 17 years old makes it a very early model!
- Here's what Zildjian has to say about the 20" version:
"The popular Session series is the culmination of several years work between Steve Gadd and the Zildjian Sound Lab to duplicate his classic and sought-after cymbal sound. 14" HiHats and 18" Ride were modeled directly after Steve's personal cymbals with the 16" and 18" Crashes representing Steve's favorite crash sounds."
- And that is accurate, but add in a sentence about the tone being more controlled by the 18" size.
- And this specific one is DRY, and fairly dark and low-sounding. It could easily pass as a 20”. It’s low pitched for a Zildjian 18”.
- The weight is 1998 grams making it the lightest 18” Gadd 18” I’ve encountered.
The bell is unhammered and solid as hell! The plain of the ride is unlathed but hammered. The finish is brilliant.
- What's nice about this particular 18" is that the pitch is not as high as you may expect. It's a great low pitch with the capacity to cut and has the body. It sounds a bit more mellow than the original K Custom.
- It really does capture that unique GADD SOUND.
- DRY. Surprisingly dark. Solid bell. Low in pitch. Plays like a larger cymbal but has the control of an 18". Focused. Chime-like attack. Controlled sustain. Fairly quick decay.
- Very defined tone.
- Perfect for absolutely any genre at any volume. As versatile as the man who inspired it.
- Terrific shape. No issues. Beautiful patina building. Aged 17 years.
- A felicitous tribute to one of the greatest.
- And an early model too!