Rare 1983 Vintage Paiste 19” ORIGINAL RUDE CRASH RIDE 2088 g
Original price $269.99 - Original price $269.99
$269.99 - $269.99
Current price $269.99
- Here’s a very hard to find 19” Paiste from the first few years of Rude production - the Original version, think Alex Van Halen and Stewart Copeland - that’s the era, that’s the vibe.
- AND CHECK OUT THAT HAMMERING AROUND THE EDGE OF THE UNDERSIDE!!! THAT AIN'T NO MODERN RUDE HAMMERING.
- No need to bother with the Re-issue. This RUDE is 1983!
- Wow, the early 80s, when this cymbal was being made I was in Mrs. Sexton's reading class chumpin' through SRAs (anyone remember those?) I hated SRAs. I never got past the Lime packet while "Everyone else, Gerry, is already on Powder Blue." Or so Mrs. Sexton warned. I learned a valuable lesson in 3rd grade. It's better to be the smart kid in the dumb class, than to be the dumb kid in the smart class...yeah.
- Back to cymbals...
- As many of you know, Paiste created the RUDE series in 1980 to quench the thirst of rock and punk players (although there were a few jazz enthusiasts who used them too.) The unlathed and heavily hammered Rudes offered an unprecedented explosive cut and sustain that held up both sonically and structurally in loud volume settings. They worked so well in fact, that Paiste re-introduced the series a several years ago. But they are actually different than the Original.
- With a robust weight of 2088 grams, the tone of this rare 19" Original RUDE is extremely FULL and semi-dark and not as clean sounding as a 2002. It's definitely more complex and RAW in both appearance and tone. And the sustain lasts for weeks. Weeks I tell you.
- Lower pitched and darker than the 18” with a fuller wash.
- I have only seen one other 19” from this era.
- No issues.
- Typical wear. It’s a joy to celebrate the Original from the first few years of production. This is THE TONE, not the Re-issue.