Clean Hard to Find THIN LIGHT Sabian HH 20” JAZZ RIDE ONLY 2097 g
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- This is the thinnest and most light and airy sounding HH Jazz Ride I have ever seen.
- These were a bit of a hard find back when Sabian did produce them - now they’re very hard to find.
- As you can see this one is pretty damn clean for being 25-years-old and has strong logos.
- One of the telltale signs of the Jazz Ride is the large, rounded over 5.5” bell that is reminiscent of the Zildjian 1950s BLOCK STAMP cymbals. Also, the plain of the cymbal and the bell itself are Hand Hammered in the classic HH ball-peen style.
- Weighing in at a wonderfully thin 2097 grams, this particular HH JAZZ is the thinnest I’ve seen and has a Light and Airy tone to it.
- Of course, being an HH it’s glowing warm as well. And at 2097 grams it crashes well for accents.
- Terrific stick attack that remains solid but not overbearing, followed by a light and airy, golden wash that has a subtle liveliness to it.
- It has a distinctively clean and crisp sound to it - but being Hand Hammered it still keeps a foot in organic-Ville, not sterile town.
- The large, rounded bell is very solid, especially for a thinner weight.
- Overall very clean with no issues. Well on its way to a great 25-year-old mellowness. Golden glow visually and sonically.