PERFECT DARK WARM ISTANBUL MEHMET SULTAN 21" JAZZ Ride IMMACULATE 2195 Gs
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- Here's an amazing DARK, ultra WARM Ride that’s crashable.
- And in the elusive 21" SIZE!
- This particular Sultan is stamped "Jazz Ride", which Mehmet describes as: "Hot, dark, controlled sound, smooth and low bell. Jazz Ride has a smoother and lower bell than the regular model."
- As you can see, this Sultan Series is Half-Lathed and Half-Unlathed, and Heavily Hammered throughout. The underside is fully Lathed. A gorgeous, hand-crafted instrument!
Mehmets take on the Sultan cymbals as a whole:
“Sultan cymbals are a combination of the Traditional and the Turk Series. The sound has unique brilliant characteristics of the Traditional cymbal sounds and the dry & woody sound of the unlathed Turk cymbal series. The top of the cymbal has an unlathed cup producing a strong, compact bell sound and an unlathed concentric circle on the bow reducing overtone and drying the sound. The bottom of the cymbal is completely lathed. Mellow Tone. Great Stick Definition. Controlled Overtones."
- And that is accurate!
- Weighing in at a lovely 2195 grams, this Mehmet 21" plays like a Dark and fairly CONTROLLED Thin Ride. I would not call this cymbal super dry (like some Turk Rides), although the wash is fairly focused, compliments of the unlathed portions.
- The pitch is medium-low to low. The bell measures a generous 5.5" and is Unlathed and provides a solid "DING" tone.
- You can draw different tones out of this cymbal when playing on different surfaces....lathed or unlathed. When you ride this cymbal at the outer edge, it really opens up and makes for a great THIN DARK Crash/Ride. It CRASHES LIKE A DREAM!!!
- DARK, medium-low in pitch, slightly SMOKEY, very warm and organic for a Sultan, and fairly focused and controlled. A beautiful sounding Hand Hammered 21".
- Immaculate and in the bag!