DARK SMOOTH Vintage Zildjian 20” Light Crash Ride 2216 g Hand Hammered
Original price $379.99 - Original price $379.99
$379.99 - $379.99
Current price $379.99
- Here’s an amazing sounding darker Hand Hammered Vintage Zildjian 20” - one of the nicest you will find.
- Fantastic sounding 60 year old Zildjian that is not your typical Medium or Ping styled Ride. This 20” is much darker and lower pitched than most. It has a low profile and that gives it a lower pitch and darker tone.
- If you look closely you’ll see this Zildjian is Hand Hammered and from the early 1960s. Beautiful hammering! The craftsmanship on this one looks more like a 1950s Zildjian.
- This 20” is dark, low in pitch and very smooth sounding with a light Hand Hammered complexity.
- And it’s definitely crashable. It delivers a big full dark crash when laid in to. It can easily be used as a big crash or crash ride.
- Imagine a Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride - but as a 50 year old Vintage A. That’s the vibe.
- 2216 grams. Great super mellow and articulate, SWEET stick attack with dark leanings - this isn’t a Ping Ride. It’s mellow and dark and has a softer, played-in feel and tone. The bell is quite solid and has no problem cutting.
- Hit the edge and you get a fantastic straight-up 1960s Big Dark Crash tone. Perfect for billowing crash riding or just as an accent.
- This isn’t a heavy ride masquerading as a Crash.
- This is a Crash Ride that covers a lot of territory - as the great 60s As do!
- No issues. Incredible patina. Great shape for being 60 years old.
- This is what the cymbal keeps trying to imitate with their “redesigns” and “vintage homage.”
- Fortunately, you can bypass that just get the Real Thing.
- This one sounds amazing. Don’t guess - have a listen.