Amazing THIN Vintage Zildjian 1950s BLOCK STAMP 21” LIGHT Ride Crash 2222 g
Original price $499.99 - Original price $499.99
$499.99 - $499.99
Current price $499.99
- This is one of the nicest, dark, complex Zildjian As you will find- the kind of cymbal everyone is always asking me to find.
- It’s inspiring to play a cymbal forged in 1953! Literally!
- And this is a very rare 21”. Hand Hammered. Block Stamp - which along with the Trans Stamp is my favorite era of Zildjian.
- It’s 2222 grams. Which is damn thin - it’s very hard to find a 60 year old 21” or 22” under 2500 grams.
- The bell has a gorgeous Early 50s rounded slope. Generous size and looks hand shaped. There’s tell tale 50s lathing on the underside.
- This 21” actually sounds like it has rivets in it - even though it doesn’t. It’s very light and airy and complex.
- It is one of the nicest sounding, complex, airy 21s” you will hear. Part of it is because this 70-year-old beauty has a nice, umbrella-shaped profile that gives it a bit more spread than your average Medium Ride and the edges are THIN AND BLUR.
- It’s crashable. And that’s not easy to find. Most of these thin beauties succumbed in 1987 and the end of a 2B stick.
With a 2222 gram weight it lives in the Thin Ride Light Crash Ride range, it has a light, mellow semi-dry attack that is followed by a soft and subtle, fairly complex and DARK wash.
- What’s amazing is that you can play this big 21” very, very lightly and softly and it still sings. The dynamic range on this one is amazing.
- Fairly dark. Mellow. Airy and glowing.
When you open up on it and crash, it unleashes a torrent of Vintage Crash tone but in a Massive 22”!
- Fantastic 5.5” bell is that is solid for such a thin cymbal.
- Again, this is an incredibly versatile 21” - you don’t find a cymbal that can go from 1 - 10 and remain musical often - although I would not slam on it because it is thin.
- Terrific shape. Tell tale Hand Hammered waviness on the plain.
- Don’t pay more for a modern “vintage homage” cymbal masquerading as old timey.
- Just get the actually Hand Hammered real one.