NOS RARE 80s Zildjian K Orchestral Crash Ride 20” 2242 g MINT
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- If you like DARK and LOW and versatile, then get this hard to find 1980s Zildjian K - of 1980s Zildjian K fame!
- And it’s New Old Stock. Take a look!
- I love orchestral cymbals. Partially because they usually release gorgeous, glowing, warm sustains...
- ...but more specifically because so many drummers cringe at the sight of them.
- With one glance of a "Suspended cymbal" or "Viennese" faces contort, locked into death masks of fear, unrequited love, marathon bus rides where effluviums reproduce by the mile...
- ...failed auditions, sudden and horrific voice changes signifying the descent into puberty...then madness.
- High School Band.
- And so I can drudge up those feelings of insecurity once again by offering up this terrific sounding DARK and LOW pitched Zildjian CLASSIC ORCHESTRAL SELECTION SUSPENDED 20" Crash Ride Multi Application Cymbal in great condition.
- Beautiful wash and glowing dark and full sustain with this 20". I mean hell, they made it for the orchestra not for little Jimmy garage band down the street.
- Weighing in at a lovely 2127 grams, this 20" plays like a great Medium Thin DARK Crash or mellow, LOW PITCHED K DARK RIDE.
- It's applications are not limited to the Orchestral world. You can use this 20" for Rock, pop, funk, session work, whatever you're heart's delight.
- And when I say dark, I mean DARKER than a K Custom Dark Ride! Yes, it’s darker than that.
- Deep and focused, chime-like definition when you ride on it. Warm and very full crash when struck at the shoulder.
- Generous rounded over bell that cuts extremely well for a dark cymbal and gives it crash-like qualities.
- Low profile for a dark and low pitched tone and lush cymbal swells.
- No issues. Great patina that has built up over the last 24 years and mellows this Orchestral 20”.
- Can cover a lot of bases around the drum set!