SUPER MELLOW Discontinued Zildjian CHINA BOY LOW 22" SWISH 2281 g BRILLIANT
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- Here’s RARE, CLEAN, long discontinued Zildjian…the MASSIVE 22” CHINA LOW. And it’s wonderfully MELLLLLOOOOOW!
- No Modern Zildjian sounds like this - this 22” is much, much lower-pitched, and infinitely more mellow than any newer Zildjian China.
- The very low, almost FLAT profile gives this 22” China Low a darker, lower-pitched tone and makes it a joy to ride on. Almost flat playing surface - which makes it very easy to ride.
- Being the largest sized version, it’s the perfect alternate ride.
- Very exotic-sounding - if this were still around it would probably be in Zildjian’s effects or Oriental Series.
2281 grams gives it a Medium Thin constitution, which is great because it has the combined feature of being both mellow and capable in louder settings. And that’s rare.
- The flat surface makes for easy, mellow riding - a la Mel Lewis. It’s very responsive at this weight for this series.
- Keeps a foot in exotic, vintage land! But can still penetrate a modern mix.
- Very good condition. Aged 35 years and very clean. Typical light wear/use on the edge.
- You can’t get this Mellow Low 22”, they were hard to come by, even when they were produced.
- This is a great, exotic Zildjian that you never see nor hear! And it’s clean for being over 3 decades old. Light patina mellows it. Strong logos.