Rare 1940s Vintage ZILDJIAN TRANS STAMP 20” Ride 2282 g
Original price $599.99 - Original price $599.99
$599.99 - $599.99
Current price $599.99
- Recently Zildjian released 100 of these kinds of cymbals.
- For $2000 apiece.
- Here’s a glorious Zildjian that captures the golden era of American Cymbal Making. Hand-hammered. Handcrafted. Aged nearly 80 years. Softer played-in. Dark chocolate brown patina. Has an indelible sweetness to it.
- Forged when Dizzy Gillespie was a new artist. Literally.
- Zildjian Trans Stamp 1940s 20” Ride in fantastic condition!
- Stunning Hand Hammering throughout giving this 1940s Zildjian a gorgeous wavy surface.
- Wide lathing on the plain transforms into very thin and fine lathing at the edge.
- A beautiful blend of straight up stick attack mixed with a DARK Hand Hammered complexity that is the hallmark of this 1940s era Zildjian.
- Absolutely FANTASTIC stick attack! I would not call it dry, but it sure as hell is articulate for a fully lathed and fairly THIN 20”.
- Weighing in at 2282 grams this beauty has a Thin to Medium Thin Dark Complex tone. Being 80 years old it has an intrinsic softness to it and plays with a pliable-ness that no new cymbal can imitate. It still has plenty of tension within to deliver a great attack - especially for being 2282 grams.
- Not pre-aged, just AGED.
- Semi-dark. Organic stick articulation that penetrates without a clank. Very warm, light, and organic sounding semi-complex tone. Mellowed over 8 decades, a great natural patina that controls the wash organically, truly a hand-hammered Zildjian so it has a pinch of complexity. Hand-hammered out to the edge. 1940s style smaller hole. Has the body and fullness of a Hand Hammered cymbal but is tempered and sweetened by the golden brown to very dark patina and has mellowed over the decades.
- Why pay the big bucks to big box stores for the “vintage imitations”. Just get the REAL one.
- THIS is the sound that made Zildjian famous! For real. This is it.
- And this rare 20” Zildjian has been making music for 75 years. And it still has more to say….
- An inspiration and a joy to play.