DARK COMPLEX ISTANBUL MEHMET Hamer 22” WARM RIDE 2342 g
Original price $369.99 - Original price $369.99
$369.99 - $369.99
Current price $369.99
- This is one of my favorite series. Super dark.
- Imagine a Zildjian K Constantinople Thin Low had a one night stand with a Crash of Doom...but the baby was hand hammered.
- That's the vibe of this elusive, wonderfully dark and complex 22” Istanbul.
- As you can see this Istanbul Mehmet Hamer Warm Ride is similar to the Meinl Byzance Extra Dry Dual Crash or a Sabian but it’s thinner.
- As you can see the inside 17” are UNLATHED like a Turk Series, and the outer 6” are fully pin-point lathed and golden!
- A dark, HUGE, thin 22”! Beautiful hand hammering both on the unlathed surface and off, and the edges blur subtly when struck.
Mehmet describes this Hamer Warm Ride as:
“Big hammer marks for a trashy effect in addition to the dark and warm traditional Turkish cymbal sound on all HameR models. Combination of hammered and lathed surfaces of split crash, flange crash and a warm ride results in a thinner edge for quick accents."
- And that is accurate.
- Weighing in at a glorious 2342 grams this Mehmet plays like an ULTRA COMPLEX THIN Crash Ride or THIN Ride.
- The craftsmanship is gorgeous - as you can see there is very deep. BIG hammer marks all over the surface - similar to the Special Dry Ride.
- The unlathed raw surface emits a great, light stick attack and the lathed outer ring gives it a billowing wash.
- ULTRA dark. COMPLEX. Exceptionally responsive. Played-in vibe even though it's NEW.
- Soft, quick response that opens up with even the lightest touch.
- Exceptionally LOW pitched. Overall very organic and TRASHY - like a Crash of Doom but smoother.
- And it's ACTUALLY Hand Hammered!
- Immaculate condition in the bag. Perfect. Extremely hard to find. A glowing and gorgeous hand made 22”.