Dark Dry Versatile Sabian AA APOLLO 22” Ride or Crash MULTI 2366 g RAW Finish
Original price $279.99 - Original price $279.99
$279.99 - $279.99
Current price $279.99
- Not a normally stocked item - even at most big box stores!
- And if you can find one, it’ll cost you $435 for a stock photo guess at what it sounds like.
- I have great news! Take a listen to this exact cymbal! This one is looks and sounds gorgeous! It’s the most factory distressed finish I’ve seen on one of these - raw and blackened. Nice and dry stick attack.
Sabian Big And Ugly APOLLO 22” Ride or Crash Multi Cymbal in fantastic condition.
- One of the most underrated cymbals out there.
- As you can see, the top surface of this cymbal is RAW, distressed and unlathed (or just very slightly lathed) on top however the underside is fully lathed providing added complexity to the dry attack of the top.
- Wonderfully dry. Surprisingly crashable.
- Here’s what Sabian has to say about this 22”:
"Versatility, versatility, versatility. Hit it hard for a modern sound, or play it with dynamics for controlled stick and sublime shimmer. Apollo was the God of Music and Poetry - this incredible ride cymbal delivers both."
- Sure, but I think Apollo is getting short changed here. He had a lot of responsibility from Olympus. He was the god of music, truth & prophecy, healing, the sun and light, plague, poetry, and more. He was a busy dude. He didn't just sit down appreciating poetry and music. He made the Sun rise every day. Not even Dave Elitch does that.
- Weighing in at a perfect 2366 grams, this Sabian AA plays like a great DRY and MEDIUM DARK Thin Ride or Huge DRY Fast Crash.
- As you would imagine, the attack is very prominent-compliments of that UNLATHED/VERY SPARSELY LATHED top- and the the wash is medium dark and controlled, definitely organic and ever so slightly complex---compliments of the lathed underside, however it certainly remains reined in.
Dark. Dry. Thin. Bendable edges. Very responsive. Opens quickly and easily. Very quick decay.
- Great condition. Light use. No issues. The brand new one looks exactly like this one - this is how they come from the factory.
- Can occupy a lot of positions on the kit!
- Hard to actually find where you can hear it first, buy with confidence! And far from a $434 special order.