PERFECT SEMI-DRY DARK ISTANBUL MEHMET SULTAN 20” Ride 2422 g
Original price $299.99 - Original price $299.99
$299.99 - $299.99
Current price $299.99
- Here's an amazing SEMI-DRY DARK Ride that you don’t see every day. It’s a K killer. Much darker and with a better straight up attack. It cuts well too for such a dark Sultan.
- Have a listen for yourself.
- As you can see, this Sultan Series is Half-Lathed and Half-Unlathed, and Heavily Hammered throughout. The underside is fully Lathed. A gorgeous, hand-crafted instrument!
- Mehmets take on the Sultan cymbals as a whole:
“Sultan cymbals are a combination of the Traditional and the Turk Series. The sound has unique brilliant characteristics of the Traditional cymbal sounds and the dry & woody sound of the unlathed Turk cymbal series. The top of the cymbal has an unlathed cup producing a strong, compact bell sound and an unlathed concentric circle on the bow reducing overtone and drying the sound. The bottom of the cymbal is completely lathed. Mellow Tone. Great Stick Definition. Controlled Overtones."
- And that is accurate! This being the Medium Ride, the bell is Raw, large and rounded over and beautifully Hand Hammered. Very solid for such a dark sounding cymbal. And it has no problem cutting through a mix while remaining dark.
- Weighing in at a very well-balanced 2422 grams, this Mehmet 20” plays like a Dark and fairly CONTROLLED and Dry Ride.
- The stick attack is fantastic. Very brooding and chime-like.
- The pitch is medium-low to low. The bell measures a generous 5.5" and is Unlathed and provides a solid "DING" tone. And that’s quite an accomplishment on such a dark cymbal.
- You can draw different tones out of this cymbal when playing on different surfaces....lathed or unlathed. When you ride this cymbal at the outer edge, it really opens up and makes for a great Medium Thin DARK Crash/Ride.
- CRASHES LIKE A DREAM!!! Have a listen. Big, luscious and organic.
- DARK, medium-low in pitch, slightly SMOKEY, very warm and full for a Sultan. Focused definition with a solid bell and a full sounding crash.
- Immaculate. Only played for the video.
- This is an incredible one. Guaranteed. And you don’t find many that you can actually hear.