Dark DRY Smoky Istanbul Mehmet BLACK SEA 22” Ride 2444 AMAZING
Original price $349.99 - Original price $349.99
$349.99 - $349.99
Current price $349.99
- This is one of my favorite newer cymbals. This Black Sea Series is like a slightly smoother, more refined TURK. And it’s stunning looking - black and gold with crimson emblem.
- Not an easy cymbal to come by outside of a random stock photo but definitely worth the search.
- It’s very close to the elusive Paiste Dark Energy Dark Dry Ride.
- Tempestuous, RAW, unlathed, heavily Hand Hammered earthen black/gold/appearance, newer series, Istanbul Mehmet Black Sea Ride in the generous 22" size.
- Circular hand hammering throughout. Antique look and Old World tone - this particular beauty sounds like a Dry Istanbul K from the 1940s.
- Dry, dark, smoky, very organic tone with a bit more cleaner stick and wash than a Turk Ride or Sultan.
- Almost seems to have an ounce of Paiste in it, but to be honest, Paiste wishes they could be this organic!
- 2444 grams. Enough tension to yield great attack. Medium low profile, solid bell - better than the Turk, exotic, dark, brooding, organic with an ounce of refinement.
- And definitely crashable.
- One of the nicer dark, DRY cymbals around - no issues. Immaculate condition although it looks like it just came back from Poseidon’s basement, which I love.
- Hard to find. Incredible 22” that makes a statement.