Rare 1940s Vintage ZILDJIAN Trans Stamp 20” Ride 2472 g DANCE RIDE
Original price $549.99 - Original price $549.99
$549.99 - $549.99
Current price $549.99
- Zildjian just released 100 of these kinds of cymbals.
- For $2000 apiece.
- Here’s a glorious Zildjian that captures the golden era of American Cymbal Making. Hand-hammered. Handcrafted. Aged nearly 80 years. Soft, played-in. Chocolate brown patina. Has an indelible sweetness to it.
- Forged when Dizzy Gillespie was a new artist.
- Zildjian Trans Stamp 1940s 20” Ride in amazing condition!
- Glorious WIDE and rounded over big bell that rises high off the plane and lends a nice body and shimmer.
- This particular 20” Trans Stamp reminds me of the Zildjian DANCE RIDE - the one that was meant to cut through horns and big bands so that people could feel the groove.
- A perfect blend of definition to wash ratio on this one!
- Absolutely FANTASTIC stick attack! I would not call it dry, but it sure as hell is articulate for a fully lathed cymbal.
- Weighing in at 2472 grams this beauty has a Medium Thin to Medium vibe. Being 80 years old it’s soft and plays with a pliable-ness that no new cymbal can imitate.
- Not pre-aged, just AGED.
- Semi-dark. Incredible stick articulation that penetrates without an out-of-clank. Very warm, glowing, light, sweet tone. Mellowed over 8 decades, a great natural patina that controls the wash organically, truly a hand-hammered Zildjian so it has a pinch of complexity. Hand-hammered out to the wavy edge. Rounded over bell with the hallmark 1940s style smaller hole. Has the body and fullness of a Hand Hammered cymbal but is tempered and sweetened by the patina and has mellowed over the decades.
- Why pay the big bucks to big box stores for the “vintage imitations”. Just get the REAL one.
- This rare 20” Zildjian has been making music for 75 years. And it still has more to say….
- A joy to play.