Semi-DRY 1970s Vintage Zildjian Ride 20” 2486 g HOLLOW LOGO
Original price $199.99 - Original price $199.99
$199.99 - $199.99
Current price $199.99
- Here’s a tried and true beauty that screams the 1970s!! And the last 40 years have mellowed it superbly. It’s smoother than any new Zildjian - the metal has aged and settled and it has a drier tone than the modern Zildjians.
- This is a straight-up Vintage Zildjian Hollow Logo A 20” and it has all the hallmark semi-Dry, tight and articulate, smooth definition tone you would expect from the rocking 70s. But again, it’s mellowed a pinch compliments of the last 40 years.
- I'm not exactly sure what this cymbal is - a Medium, a Ping, etc, but it sure as hell plays like a smooth and Semi-Dry slightly dark PING RIDE NOW!
It has a mellower and slightly darker tone than a super heavy Ping but still has the CUTTING bell and that downwards flanged edge for a bit of projection.
- Weighing in at a perfect 2486 grams, this 20" has a Medium constitution-exactly what you would expect from a 70s Zildjian. The attack is tight and fairly aggressive and remarkably crystalline and defined.
- The tone is semi-bright and very focused. The pitch is medium - not too high. It sounds exactly like we all expect!
- It cuts superbly through a mix without being overly clumsy and too heavy.
- The bell is solid and cuts extremely well like a Rock Ride.
- Crash Ride on the edge for a massive wall of white noise that’s like you’re in Black Sabbath.
- Classic Vintage 70s tone that’s heard so often it’s in our subconscious.
- No issues. Terrific four-decade old patina that mellows it beautifully.
- Vintage As are a joy to play and this 20” is from the Golden Age of Classic Rock.