Dark Lush Vintage Zildjian 1950s BLOCK STAMP 21” Warm Ride Crash 2494 g
Original price $499.99 - Original price $499.99
$499.99 - $499.99
Current price $499.99
- Amazing DARK and LUSH Early 1950s Zildjian in a rare 21” size. This is the kind of cymbal everyone is always asking me to find.
- It’s inspiring to play a cymbal forged in 1953! Literally!
- And this is a very rare 21”. Hand Hammered. Block Stamp - which along with the Trans Stamp is my favorite era of Zildjian.
- It’s 2494 grams. Which is pretty thin and it resides right in the Thin to Medium Light range. It has that soft glow to it - both sounding and feeling.
- The bell has a gorgeous Early 50s rounded slope. Generous size and looks hand shaped. There’s tell tale 50s lathing on the underside.
- This 21” actually sounds like it has rivets in it - even though it doesn’t. It’s very dark sounding and buttery.
- Inimitable Hand Hammered early 50s Tone that out Zildjian in the map. This is the sound that made them famous.
- Dark, woody stick attack followed by a smooth and mellow complexity - not overly lively but aged and refined.
- It’s easily crashable. And that’s not easy to find. Most of these thin beauties succumbed in 1987 and the end of a 2B stick.
- What’s amazing is that you can play this big 22” very, very lightly and softly and it still sings. The dynamic range on this one is amazing.
When you open up on it and crash, it unleashes a torrent of Vintage Crash tone but in a Massive 21”. So lush and beautiful it could be a suspended cymbal.
- Fantastic 6” bell is that is solid for such a thin cymbal.
- Again, this is an incredibly versatile 21” - you don’t find a cymbal that can go from 1 - 10 and remain musical often - although I would not slam on it because it is thinner.
- Terrific shape. Tell tale Hand Hammered waviness on the plain.
- Don’t pay more for a modern “vintage homage” cymbal masquerading as old timey.
- Just get the actually Hand Hammered real one.