BIG Light 1960s Vintage Zildjian 22” Light Crash Ride ONLY 2542 g
Original price $329.99 - Original price $329.99
$329.99 - $329.99
Current price $329.99
- This is a fascinating Vintage 1960s 22” - it’s nowhere near your typical Zildjian 60s Ping Ride or Rock Ride. This 22” plays like a true LIGHT RIDE or massive MEDIUM THIN CRASH RIDE.
- The profile looks like a 22” CRASH - that’s the vibe.
- Extremely Full Crash Ride - like something off the stage at WOODSTOCK. Perfect for the 1960s tone! But play it lightly and it has a dancing, airy complexity that percolates.
- Classic 1960s Zildjian lathing. It has a bit more airiness and complexity than the later era models.
With a fairly thin 2542 gram weight it lives in the Thin to Medium Thin Ride to Medium Thin Crash range for a 22”, but it has a light, mellow semi-bright attack that is followed by a soft and subtle, fairly complex wash.
- What’s amazing is that you can play this big 22” very, very lightly and softly and it still sings. The dynamic range on this one is amazing.
- Extremely well balanced with light leanings.
- When you open up on it and crash, it unleashes a torrent of 1960s Medium Thin Crash tone - perfect as a big 60s Crash, or great for Crash accents when you‘re playing at lower volumes and just need a punch.
- Fantastic 6” bell is incredible for rock, but pull out to the plain and you have one hell of a great Light Jazz or Blues Ride.
- Again, this is an incredibly versatile 22” - you don’t find a cymbal that can go from 1 - 10 and remain musical often.
- Terrific shape. No issues. Gorgeous half-century old golden patina and it’s in great shape for being that old!
- Wonderfully versatile 22” from the golden age of both rock and jazz.