EARLIER ISTANBUL AGOP Turk Ride 20” PRE SPLIT? 2565 g
Original price $399.99 - Original price $399.99
$399.99 - $399.99
Current price $399.99
- Here’s a fascinating Istanbul AGOP. This one looks, feels and sounds like a Pre Split Agop Mehmet to me. It seems to be a very early AGOP TURK.
- UNLATHED AND RAW and Hand Hammered - from THE company that ushered in the old world craftsmanship - the kind of artistry that fomented a movement of boutique cymbalsmiths.
- Istanbul’s old-world Zildjian Istanbul K-styled handiwork attracted the ears and signatures of jazz greats Mel Lewis and Elvin Jones. Elvin even had a Pre Split Agop Mehmet TURK 20”.
- Ultra dry with an absolutely fantastic stick attack! All that beautiful Hand Hammering supplies a very subtle, light complexity but it remains extremely DRY and controlled.
- Unlathed and Raw TURK surface is striking! It makes this Earlier Agop TURK incredibly dry sounding - this beauty is all about attack! Similar to a K Custom Left Side Ride or Dry Ride, but this TURK actually IS Hand Hammered.
- This is exactly the kind of cymbal Elvin or Jack DeJohnette would play. Very expressive and musical. Something that keeps a foot in tradition but also is fresh, new and BOLD.
- Amazing condition with no issues. Very strong logos. Incredible, naturally aged patina and dark sienna chocolate coloring.
- Harder to find earlier Agop.
- This is one of those cymbals that calls you over to the kit.