1970s Vintage Zildjian PING Ride 20” 2610 g Strong Articulation
Original price $189.99 - Original price $189.99
$189.99 - $189.99
Current price $189.99
- Hailing from the golden era of Rock ‘N’ Roll, this Vintage Zildjian delivers a simply fantastic stick attack with great articulation.
- This is a straight-up Vintage Zildjian 1970s A 20” Ride and it has all the hallmark semi-bright, aggressive smooth definition tone you would expect from the rocking 70s.
- It definitely has THE PING RIDE vibe.
- I'm not exactly sure what this cymbal is - a Medium, a Ping, etc, but it sure as hell plays like a DRY PING RIDE NOW!
- PING for days! And with a CUTTING bell too and that downwards flanged Ping edge for a bit of projection.
- Weighing in at a perfect 2610 grams, this 20" has a Medium to Medium Heavy constitution-exactly what you would expect from a 70s Zildjian.
- The attack is tight and aggressive and remarkably PING-Y! The tone is semi-dry and bright and very focused. The pitch is medium to medium high and cuts superbly and the overtones gravitate toward the high end which yields a great cutting attack.
- The bell is very solid and cuts extremely well like a Rock Ride.
- It’s like a DRY PING RIDE.
- Crash Ride on the edge for a massive wall of white noise that’s like you’re in Black Sabbath.
- Classic Vintage 70s tone that’s heard so often it’s in our subconscious.
- No issues. The terrific four-decade-old heavy patina that focuses it beautifully.
- Aged and mellow without sounding as brittle as new cymbals do.
- Vintage As are a joy to play. And this Zildjian is from the heart of the Classic Rock Era!